Monday, January 17, 2011

I Should Explain Myself Briefly

I am a man who loves his family, his friends, his music and his bicycle. I love to ride it all day long and I want to all the time. I can't wait for the day when my 3 and a half month old son Ari Dustin Larson is able to follow behind me in a little trailer. I love going on bicycle adventures. Only having been on one so far, I may be jumping the gun a bit with this blog, but I'd like to do it while I want to, and then who knows. It'll be here as long as this site lasts I suppose. That's good enough. I can't remember everything forever.

I rode once from St. Louis to New Orleans with my friend Ben Oney, who started in Minnesota somewhere. Ben started a blog called Careening South, which I sort of took over once I joined the ride. Using my Blackberry phone, I wrote a post every day after riding, or almost every day that is, and would e-mail the posts to my Dad whenever I'd have enough of a signal. It was the shit! I loved every minute of that ride, except the night behind the church. That sucked totally.

The idea for the name of my blog came from a term Ben taught me on the road one day in the Tennessee back country. Big ringin' it is when you're riding in the highest gears you have for an extended period of time because your momentum is going crazy. Because that is my favorite feeling out on the road, I decided to call this Big Ringin' It after those times.

So, I'll write about the rides I go on from now on. It was fun to write, and I just looked back at it and it was reminishitsville! I'll include some pictures I take along the way and of course all kinds of incomplete and terribly written accounts of what happens.

I love you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment