Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nazi Losers Ruin Graffiti Walls, but I Ruin Nazis!

Recently a bunch of friends and I re-took up skateboarding. I dusted off the old World Industries board and I am hooked again! I forgot how much of a workout skating is--really all you're doing is hopping around for a couple hours. Fun. I can still even kickflip like one out of five or so.

Anyway, I was on my bike searching around for dope-ass skate spots one Saturday morning when I spotted a tight graffiti wall next to a commercial train track.

There isn't a ton of awesome stuff on it, but still some decent writing. But then, I spotted a goddamn swastika on a corner of the wall. (for some reason I didn't photo it) I didn't have any paint on me, otherwise I would have defaced it or just covered it up right there. I am all for free speech, but not for white supremacists on what would otherwise be an artful and cool looking wall. Know what I mean? I was thinking, "how can I deface/alter the symbol without just covering it up?" I wanted the nazis to know that I had messed up their little tag, but to a passer-by it would just look like something else entirely.

Friends and I met on my front porch that night and began thinking about it. After a while, friend Emma was like, "what about the pinwheel? It basically has a swastika in the center...just embellish the one on the wall to look like a pinwheel." Awesome idea Emma! Idea achieved. So, here is what I did today, when no one was looking:

I did this first......


Then I added shading.

A perfect pinwheel to alter the shitty intentions of neo-nazi jerks. Easily replicable. I recommend everyone take the time to deface any local swastikas in this manner. It would look even nicer with color.

No comments:

Post a Comment