Friday, May 6, 2011

I can carry Tilly

I carried my Dad's tiller from work to home, so my neighbor and friend Nate can use it to cultivate his very first garden! That is exciting and I was happy to help him get it all started. It only took four bungees to secure the tiller to the trailer. I was a little worried about jostle troubles, but the only trouble was a throttle lever spring became detached--easy peasy.
As you can see, the trailer is about 40 years old and is sort of a family heirloom. I was very careful to go extra slow. In my opinion, it was easier to carry the tiller on the bike trailer because it is extremely difficult to load in and out of a car. So, yeah! Mission accomplished. Small but fun mission. Maybe I'll start a haulin' service for folks around the neighborhood. Anyway. As I alluded to in my last post, please anyone who is interested in making bicycling more accessible in STL--STAY TUNED. I have an idea, well I took an idea from another more bike friendly city, and I am going to begin testing out my idea very soon. I want you all to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment