Saturday, July 2, 2011

Frig

It should have been obvious, and as soon as it happened, I was like, "what was I thinking?"

My trip was cut short just after mile 13 (almost exactly halfway to Babler) when a flimsy plastic hook broke. The hook was holding a shitty cargo net which was holding all my shit in place. Not for long though, it broke as I was climbing a gnarly hill in traffic. My stuff spilled all over the street and it was a disaster. I called my Dad and he woke my sister Addie up to come get me. wah wah. Trip failure. Poorly designed cargo situation ruined my trip. Totally my own fault--that sucks. Oh well. I guess I'll chalk it up to some bad planning and will do better next time.

The 13 miles I did ride were very very nice. The route took me through some really nice neighborhoods in Webster, Shrewsbury, and others. There were a few killer hills, none I had to walk up, but some good steep and long climbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment